Even though windows, patio doors, and skylights do not consume energy, they can be a major pain point on your winter heating bill if they are not energy efficient.
What are Energy Star® Windows?
- Energy Star® certified windows contain special low-e coatings and insulated frames that help keep the heat in and the cold air of your home.
- Energy Star® windows are either double or triple glazed, which make for better insulation and also helps with noise reduction from outside.
- These windows also feature special inert gases between the panes.
- Energy Star® windows are tailored to your Canadian climate zone.
Benefits of Energy Star® Windows
- Save Money
- Natural Resources Canada states that compared to standard windows, Energy Star® rated windows can save you an average of 8% on your energy bills.
- Windows that qualify as Energy Star® Most Efficient add to up being 40% more efficient than a standard window.
- Efficient windows, doors, and skylights may be eligible for BC Hydro energy savings rebates.
- Increased Comfort:
Energy efficient windows will help keep your house feel cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. No more shivering at the window seat or getting wet from window condensation. Also, the added insulation in your windows will block out a lot of exterior noise.
- Increased Home Value
Not only do new energy efficient windows look great, but they add more value to your home. BC Hydro states that Energy Star® rated homes save up to 20% on their energy bills each year. That number alone is a huge selling factor for a lot of home buyers.
When it comes to helping the environment, every little bit counts. Since you are using less energy to cool and heat your house, you will reduce the greenhouse gas emissions from your home.
What is your average monthly heating bill? Budget Glass can help you lower your monthly costs with our wide selection of Energy Star® rated windows and expert installation.