Everything You Need to Know About Glass Office Walls from Cost Savings to Customization
Glass partition walls are the perfect addition to any office, offering a contemporary open-concept look that optimizes natural light.
Fully customizable glass room dividers are ideal for open-plan office spaces or hard-to-figure-out corners where natural light is minimal.
This blog will examine the top 8 benefits of glass office partitions and why they may be the right choice for your business.
1. Glass Partition Walls Are Customizable
Glass office partitions are more than a practical addition to your business space. They can be an impressive enhancement to the interior design and décor too. Adding a glass divider to your offices, boardroom, or conference room will give your business the wow factor that will keep your clients and customers coming back for more.
Glass room dividers can be made of textured glass for added privacy or fully customized with a frosted or sandblasted design with anything from a simple etching to your company logo.
Budget Glass is pleased to collaborate with local glass artist Grete. Grete’s exceptional sandblasted glass designs push your design imagination to the limit.
In addition to being visually stunning, glass room dividers are easy to clean and, even more, essential in our “wet coast” environment, as they are mould and mildew resistant.
2. Let the Sunshine in With Glass Office Walls
Is your business space dark and divided by cubicles? One way to brighten the office is by changing out solid walls and cubicle partitions for glass dividers.
Glass office walls allow natural light to flow freely through your space, bringing many benefits, including boosting employee mood and productivity and decreasing eye strain simultaneously.
Not only will the inside space feel lighter and brighter, but glass walls enable employees who sit in the middle of the room to view the outside.
Whether you have an end cubicle, inline wall, stand-alone room, corner or three-sided space, glass dividers can replace them, resulting in an optimal working space for your staff.
3. A Glass Divider Will Decrease Operating Costs
What if your business doesn’t have natural light? Glass partition walls can still provide many benefits. After installing glass partitions, your business can expect improved airflow and decreased reliance on artificial lighting. The result is an overall reduction in lighting maintenance, heating and cooling costs.
When you buy glass from a local business like Budget Glass, you will benefit from the local production and supply chain rather than waiting for items to be shipped further away – usually at a higher cost.
In addition, buying your glass from Budget Glass supports our local economy by keeping jobs and revenue in our Vancouver Island communities.
4. Safety Comes First When You Choose a Glass Room Divider
Glass partition walls are strong. They are made of tempered or laminated glass, and rigorously safety tested. This type of glass stands up to impact and doesn’t shatter like regular glass.
If you’re particularly concerned about the strength of your glass, consider adding security film to your panel. Security film is designed to hold the glass together in the event of an impact, such as from an attempted break-in, natural disaster or explosion.
Rest assured that whichever style you choose, your glass partitions will be long-lasting and safe, making them a wise investment for any organization.
5. Glass Partition Installation is a Breeze
No building permits or red tape is required to install glass office walls. Installation is quick and easy, and we can reconfigure the partitions if your company’s needs change over time.
6. Glass Office Walls can Reduce Sound
Does your organization require a secure sound-reduced space? That’s no problem with the addition of glass office walls. Laminated glass can help with soundproofing by reducing the amount of noise that passes through a window.
Laminated glass is made of two or more layers of glass that are bonded together with a layer of polyvinyl butyral (PVB) in between. This construction helps to reduce the transmission of sound waves and vibrations through the glass, as the different layers of the glass have different resonant frequencies, which can cause sound waves to cancel each other out.
7. Is Privacy Possible with a Glass Divider Wall?
It may seem unbelievable, but privacy is not compromised when you choose a glass office wall.
Frosted glass can provide 100% privacy or less, depending on the level of transparency you need.
Pick one of the style choices below or combine as many treatment options as you like to retain the privacy level that is right for your business.
- Glass etching – The glass is treated by sandblasting to create any shape or image. Make it as playful or elegant as you like. Perhaps you would like a corporate logo, or company motto etched into your glass panels.
- Frameless glass panels – Offer minimal seams, easy configuration, varying height options and a variety of glass treatments
- Steel and aluminum glass partitions – Usually tracked, these glass dividers feature colour choices, customizable hardware and compatibility with open ceilings. Picture the classic grided window design. Now, change it into any pattern your heart desires.
- The world is your rainbow – Let the light through with whatever combination of colour and opacity you like in your glass wall partition design.
- Door options – Now that you’ve decided on a glass wall, you might wonder, what about the door? Consider these options: suspended doors, barn doors, bi-fold doors and storage enclosure doors. And if you decide entries are not required, that’s fine too.
- Glass inserts done your way – Picture a stained-glass window and then pick the colours, trim and design to your specifications. Go subtle or go bold. The final product will be nothing short of stunning.
Are you overwhelmed? Let the experts at Budget Glass guide you.
8. Glass Room Partitions Are Sustainable
Is your office eco-friendly or striving to commit to sustainable products? Then what better choice than to renovate with 100% natural glass room dividers? Glass is highly recyclable, which means that it can be reused without losing its quality or purity. At the end of their life cycle, glass partition walls can be recycled and used to create new products, reducing waste and the need for virgin materials.
You also reduce your company’s environmental impact when you buy locally with Budget Glass. As a result, your organization can feel good about making a responsible and environmentally friendly choice.
Budget Glass – Your “One-Stop Glass Shop”
When you want an authority on glass partition walls, speak to our experienced team at Budget Glass. Located in Nanaimo and servicing Central Vancouver Island since 1983, we provide everything glass for your auto, commercial and residential needs. Our friendly staff can help you make the right decision for your business.
Contact us today. At Budget Glass, we love glass.